Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My New Buddy Pippy

If you remember last year my new buddy was Claude. Claude last year was a hungry, timid street dog. I am happy to say Claude is fat and happy now and is king of our street. Many of our neighbors look out for him. He is doing well.

Claude Last Year

Claude Now

I have a new friend Pippy. Pippy is young. She is very hungry. She is covered with tar. We have many new roads being paved around here. We are hoping she just got into the tar accidentally and that it wasn't a cruel act by someone.

Pippy a few days ago.
She is very sweet. When I first convinced her to come sit with me she was very weak and timid.
I am happy to say that after just a few good meals she already is happier and has a lot more energy. The hair seems to be falling out with the tar in it... hopefully her bad hair days will end soon. I tried cutting it out but it scared her too much.
Today she bounced over to me. She jumped on me and after she ate she cuddled in my lap. Hopefully she will continue to improve :)
Pippy Today

I will keep you updated on her progress!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you guys, always good to hear this kind of story. We really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara and Ty :)

    Deb and Ed

    ReplyDelete