Sunday, December 25, 2011

Feliz Navidad!

So our big dinner and celebration falls on Christmas Eve.
We had turkey, ham, mashed taters, stuffing, macaroni & cheese, green bean casserole, cranberries and a pumpkin cheesecake. Ingredients were not too hard to find. Stuffing is not readilly found ready to be made. But with some tostada pan (toasted bread) seasoned crutons and various veggies and spices, it came off well.
The potato sticks for the green bean casserole were  slightly more challenging. I was delighted to find fried onion strips, but had to settle for some crushed sour cream and onion pringles :)
I realized at Thanksgiving time that canned pumpkin would not be found here, so I had asked Zach to bring a can with him from the states.
All the food turned out very yummy!
Here is Tomas Turkey heading into the oven.

Eduardo giving me an early Christmas present by sweeping!

Max and Rosie were my constant companions through out the food preparations.

I gave the dog's their x-mas presents (rawhide chewies) but they made quick work of them and were soon back at my heels in the kitchen.

Zach and Rosie reading on the couch while everything is cooking.

Tomas emerges from the oven looking lovely!

We sit down to stuff ourselves!

And then of course afterwards.. well.. you know!

The guys showing their new gifts. Ed with his new jets hat, Zach with his new Spanish study materials... and of course new underwear and socks!

Christmas Day our tradition is to head to the beach. This year Zach and I tried our hand at some fishing. I managed to catch a little puffer fish again. I think I am going to retire from my fishing career though. I was nearly in tears trying to get the hook out of the poor fellows mouth to free him. It was a bit too traumatizing for me and the fish.




This little girl was a new friend at the beach.





\
Nothing like a little sunburn on Christmas Day!

It was a lovely Christmas.

Hoping all of yours were also wonderful and the New Year brings smiles, love and adventures to all!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like my kind of holiday! Thanks for sharing.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you Pat :)

    Deb and Ed

    ReplyDelete