Thursday, December 15, 2011

Let it snow.. not likely.... more like pull out the SPF 30

Trying to get in the christmas spirit. The weather has been averaging the last few days around 88 degrees. Beautiful fo sure... just not a typical winter wonderland. So getting in the Xmas groove has been a little off kilter. Today I said to my son Zach... come what may, the tree goes up today!

So I put on my most festive sundress.... turned on my specially assembled Christmas music playlist.... And we pulled out the (quite truthfully sad little) fake christmas tree. We had fun trying to decorate the funny little Charlie Brown tree with the strand of garland that isn't quite long enough and my 8 ornaments. Back in the states our 10 ft tree would have so many ornaments you had to double and triple placement on some branches.

Our little Yucatan tree made it's debut last year. I had also decorated it with string popcorn, gingerbread men and candycanes. I thought it was funny that it was such an odd concept for most of the Yucatecans I met to do so. I quickly learned why these were not traditions here... the humidity caused my popcorn to shrivel, my candycanes to drip, and my dogs would patiently wait under the tree for mother nature, moisture and gravity to perform decapitations on all my gingerbread men.

So we decided on the simple minimalist approach this year.

I believe we have a tiny Christmas miracle... we stepped back once done and our little tree is sweet and charming.

Merry Christmas To All!






No comments:

Post a Comment