Thursday, March 4, 2010

High As a Kite!

This reality was a revelation first. While vacationing in Mazatlan at Ilse de la Piedra. I was flying a kite on the pristine beach with our 12 year old son, I looked at him and said, "I could live here." His reply, "You should, and I could too." We jogged back and found Deb lounging in hammock and drinking a Pacifico Beer, I said to Deb,"This is the bomb and the Man in the Sky told me to move here." Deb at first thought that I was dealing with some symptom of illness and was convinced that I had finally lost it for good. She continued drinking and thinking and came back with the reply," I don't think so, are you kidding?" I knew Deb had her heart set at end of game finishing in Vancouver Island from past conversations. I quickly explained,"The Man in the Sky has spoken and we must follow." Now Deb develops a look on her face as I shove my foot in my mouth deeper, "We could live here with with dirt floors and a grass hut. What more could you desire?" The area was a coconut grove, the locals had old small casitas with dirt floors. Goats and chickens that roamed the dirt roads as well as unbathed children with great big smiles.

The appeal was perfect, as me being the neat freak that has lived with two hairy dogs that constantly shed and vacuuming the floor as often as I could find time. This was the answer, if I had a dirt floor I would not be bothered by all the hair and debris the dogs would track in and other messes they can be responsible for. I did not vocalize this to Deb as it would end my relationship due to the dogs place in the family.

Truly without Deb I would loose my soul mate as she is the only women I could be married to, after two fallen attempts before I had met her. I was a committed bachelor raising my children and was satisfied with my lifestyle. I cautioned her when we met that I came with a "Danger and Warning label". As we dated quickly I realized I found someone who loves me for me. So dogs must be in tow wherever I go. My son and I left Deb behind as we had tied off the kite to a horse tie off spot near the grass hutted, outdoor, restaurant that had an ostrich (eggs?). We grabbed the kite and left her stewing, after an hour or so we returned to find Deb contemplating my revelation she said, "Yes as long as I can have indoor plumbing and a bath tub." Shocked I was and the investigating began as I asked many a question of the locals. Upon our return to the states Deb took the ball and started running. How fortunate I am to have such a wonderful wife, that in all my strife, she loves me through thick and thin, now the adventure begins.

Stay tuned as I account for more real goofy truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment