Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Putting fuel in the Boiler

This is our first entry in our blog about moving to Merida. We are about 60 days out to the big exit. In 10 days we will be taking some of our family to see our new home. We are so excited, we wake up talking about our new home and go to bed with a similar conversation.
I am now mentally landscaping our yard, painting our walls, planting my vegetable garden.... I just need to get there. Our realtor and property manager sends pictures on the progress of our to-do list to get our house ready for our Cinco de Mayo arrival. I can sit and watch the slide show of all the pictures endlessly.
I wish it was as easy as packing the car and leaving. Unfortunately we need to figure out who will buy the mounds of "things" we have acquired here. Along with our 40-some years of stuff we have the remaining 83 years of stuff from my Aunt Mim. We jokingly refer to our house here in Phoenix as Sanford and Son's. 5 vehicles, boxes stacked 5 ft high, and a lovely assortment of angel and squirrel lawn art...ugh!

We know that the Super Highway is going to be the best way to keep family and friends updated, hence this new Blog. It also saves me from having to type progress reports 20 times. I have also enjoyed several blogs from other individuals who have braved similar paths before us. They were encouraging, entertaining and very educational. I hope that our blog may be all these things as well.

Soooo stay tuned... I am sure there will be much to tell. How can driving thousands of miles with our very spoiled pooches Max and Rosie be un-noteworthy! hehehe
till then.....

5 comments:

  1. Honey you are the bestest! I love you. Thanks for all you do. You make life wonderful.
    Your Hubby Special Ed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Deb and Ed,

    Welcome to Merida! Just out of curiosity, where is your Merida home located? And would you like to exchange links on our blogs? http://setfreeinmexico.com/
    Have fun with you new blog!

    Cheers,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Bruce,
    Our new home is just west of Merida in San Pedro Nohpat. It is a new development just off o a very old pueblo. Our neighbors are fantastic people who have all grown up there in the pueblo. We would be happy to share links with you! Hope to talk more with you and your wife as the adventure continues!
    All the best!
    Ed and Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...this is Maria (Pop Warner). I am SO PROUD that you both are taking the reigns of your life and enjoying one another! I am so jealous..but it is a good jealous:) You are the most amazing and loving couple I have had the pleasure of knowing. Perhaps we can come out and visit in a couple of years...that would be awesome! By the way, I have your plaques:):):) You can email me your address when the time is right and I will send them. OR I can hold on to them until we visit. Love you guys and I am so happy for you..God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Maria, absolutely!!! We would love for you, Randy and the kids to come down and stay with us!!! Heck after visiting us, leave the kids with us for a few days, and you and Randy run off to Cancun for a big ppl vacation!!!! Cancun is just a few hour drive from us. We miss you all and look forward to seeing you. Who knows maybe we can talk you into being neighbors eventually :)

    ReplyDelete